KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2014 K-12 STUDENT PERFORMANCE AND
Resources Agenda Minutes Report
Sam Williams, Chairperson
Jim Hinson, Vice-chairperson
Scott Frank, Legislative Post Auditor
Raney Gilliland, Director of Legislative Research
Brad Neuenswander, Interim Commissioner of Education
Gordon Self, Revisor of Statutes
Shawn Sullivan, Director of the Budget
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Debbie Bartuccio, Committee Assistant
Study Student Performance and Efficiency
- Determine how school districts may be more cost effective in their operations;
- Review the differences in per pupil expenditures and administrative expenses
among districts with similar enrollments, student demographics, and student
- Review recommendations by other efficiency task forces, such as the Governor’s
School Efficiency Task Force;
- Determine how district administrative functions may be shared among multiple
school districts; and
- Review district expenditures not directly related to the goal of providing each
student with the educational capacities set forth in KSA 2013 Supp. 72-1127
Approved Meeting Days: 12 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2014 Interim Information