KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2014 SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
Agenda Minutes Report
Sen. Jeff King, Chairperson
Sen. Forrest Knox
Sen. Pat Pettey
Sen. Greg Smith
Rep. Lance Kinzer, Vice-chairperson
Rep. Erin Davis
Rep. Annie Kuether
Rep. Jan Pauls
Rep. John Rubin
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Toni Beck, Committee Assistant
Foster Parents’ Bill of Rights Act (2014 SB 394), Juvenile Justice, Responses to Kansas
Supreme Court Decisions
The study will include the following:
- Consider 2014 SB 394, the Foster Parents’ Bill of Rights Act, and related
- Consider juvenile justice in Kansas;
- Consider possible responses to Kansas Supreme Court decisions from the end
of the regular Session; and
- Should any time remain during the authorized days, the Committee will discuss
legislation and policies under consideration for the 2015 Session.
Patent Infringement (2014 HB 2663)
- Study enactments in other states regarding patent infringements;
- Study and review 2014 HB 2663; and
- Make recommendations for the Kansas Legislature to consider regarding patent
Approved Meeting Days: 3 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2014 Interim Information