KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2015 JOINT COMMITTEE ON
Agenda Minutes Report
Sen. Mike Petersen, Vice-chairperson
Sen. Marci Francisco
Sen. Tom Holland
Sen. Garrett Love
Sen. Jeff Melcher
Rep. Brett Hildabrand, Chairperson
Rep. J. R. Claeys
Rep. Keith Esau
Rep. Brandon Whipple
Rep. John Wilson
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Gary Deeter, Committee Assistant
Review, Monitor, and Report on Technology Plans and Expenditures
- Study computers, telecommunications, and other information technologies used
by state agencies and institutions;
- Review proposed new acquisitions, including implementation plans, project
budget estimates, and three-year strategic information technology plans of state
agencies and institutions;
- Monitor newly implemented technologies of state agencies and institutions;
- Make recommendations to the Senate Committee on Ways and Means and
House Committee on Appropriations on implementation plans, budget estimates,
and three-year plans of state agencies and institutions;
- Report to the Legislative Coordinating Council (LCC) and make special reports to
other legislative committees as deemed appropriate; and
- Review, evaluate, and submit to the LCC a report regarding the Propylon
- Information technology security at Kansas government agencies, including
findings from LPA reports and agency responses.
Approved Meeting Days: 2 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2015 Interim Information
Approved Topics Memo
Approved Days Listing
Interim Committee Membership
Committee Reports to the 2016 Legislature
Committee Reports to the 2016 Legislature-Supplement