KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2019 JOINT COMMITTEE ON
Sen. Mike Petersen, Vice-chairperson
Sen. Kevin Braun
Sen. Tom Holland
Sen. Dinah Sykes
Sen. Caryn Tyson
Rep. Kyle Hoffman, Chairperson
Rep. Brandon Whipple, Ranking Minority Member
Rep. Kenneth Collins
Rep. Steve Huebert
Rep. Jeff Pittman
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Gary Deeter, Committee Assistant
Review, Monitor, and Report on Technology Plans and Expenditures
The Committee is directed to:
- Study computers, telecommunications, and other information technologies used
by state agencies and institutions.
- Review proposed new acquisitions, including implementation plans, project
budget estimates, and three-year strategic information technology plans of state agencies and institutions.
All state governmental entities are required to comply with provisions of KSA 75-7209 et seq. by submitting
such information for review by the Joint Committee;
- Monitor newly-implemented technologies of state agencies and institutions;
- Study the long-term information technology strategic plan for the State;
- Review possible solutions and funding requirements for enhanced cybersecurity and computer modernization for state agencies;
- Make recommendations to the Senate Ways and Means and House Appropriations Committees
on implementation plans, budget estimates, and three-year plans of state agencies and institutions; and
- Report annually to the Legislative Coordinating Council and make special reports
to other legislative committees as deemed appropriate.
Approved Meeting Days: 5 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2019 Approved Interim Committees
2019 Interim Committee Memberships
Preliminary Interim Committee Recommendations