KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2019 SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON
FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND INSURANCE
Resources Agenda/Minutes Report
Sen. Rob Olson, Chairperson
Sen. Rick Billinger
Sen. Bruce Givens
Sen. Eric Rucker
Sen. Mary Ware
Rep. Jim Kelly, Vice-chairperson
Rep. Elizabeth Bishop
Rep. Tom Cox
Rep. Leo Delperdang
Rep. Cindy Neighbor
Rep. Jene Vickrey
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Michael Welton, Committee Assistant
Financial Institutions and Insurance Issues
The Committee is directed to:
- Identify policies and approaches that have failed to address the high costs of
- Identify measures that could be expected to lead to more affordable and
accessible healthcare benefits;
- Consider the implications of the recent Hilburn decision on healthcare costs on Kansas;
- Conduct an interim hearing on SB 238—Privilege tax deduction for interest from
certain business loans; and
- Conduct an interim hearing on SB 239—Imposing the privilege tax on certain
state credit unions.
Approved Meeting Days: 3 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2019 Approved Interim Committees
2019 Interim Committee Memberships
Preliminary Interim Committee Recommendations