KLRD staff members provide nonpartisan, objective research and fiscal analysis for members of the Kansas Legislature year round. Staff can provide immediate assistance to legislators in some instances, and also can prepare more expansive responses to more in-depth questions. All legislators' research requests and responses are confidential. KLRD will not reveal a requestor's name, the intended use of research or information, or the factors that prompted the request without explicit permission that a report exists or that a particular request has been made.
Tips on Requesting Information
- Be as specific as possible;
- Provide any helpful background information; and
- Provide us with any deadlines you have, your contact information, and in what format you would prefer to receive the information.
Services for Legislators include:
- Requesting information from local, state and federal entities, and other relevant organizations;
- Referring legislators to existing resources on state and federal governments, programs, and policy issues;
- Providing contact information for agency staff or other knowledgeable persons;
- Summarizing current law in Kansas and other states;
- Researching legislative history of a statute or policy area; and
- Other services approved by the KLRD Director.
How to Request Information
- Web form;
- Visit our office;
- Subject area assignments and contact information for individual staff are available at our About Us page.
|Kansas Legislative Research Department - Room 68-W State Capitol Building, 300 SW 10th Avenue, Topeka, Kansas 66612-1504 -- Phone (785) 296-3181 -- Fax (785) 296-3824 -- email@example.com