KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2015 SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON
K-12 STUDENT SUCCESS
Agenda Minutes Report
Sen. Steve Abrams
Sen. Tom Arpke
Sen. Molly Baumgardner
Sen. Jim Denning
Sen. Anthony Hensley
Sen. Ty Masterson
Rep. Ron Highland, Chairperson
Rep. Tony Barton
Rep. Sue Boldra
Rep. Larry Campbell
Rep. Dennis Hedke
Rep. Jerry Lunn
Rep. Ron Ryckman, Jr.
Rep. Ed Trimmer
Rep. Valdenia Winn
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Sue Mollenkamp, Committee Assistant
The objective of this study committee is to generate discussion, input, and research to further child-centric education that makes students the top priority.
This committee is to study the following, but would not be limited to (these topics):
- The Rose Standards set by the Kansas Supreme Court as the goal Kansas schools will meet;
- Best funding mechanism by formula or other criteria to ensure adequate Kansas taxpayer dollars are invested in the classroom;
- Definition of what comprises as a “suitable” education;
- Outcomes to ensure that students are well-prepared for their future endeavors; and
- Uniform accounting across all districts so best practices to achieve student success can be replicated.
Approved Meeting Days: 3 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2015 Interim Information
Approved Topics Memo
Approved Days Listing
Interim Committee Membership
Committee Reports to the 2016 Legislature
Committee Reports to the 2016 Legislature-Supplement