KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2017 JOINT COMMITTEE ON
Agenda Minutes Report
Sen. Mike Petersen, Vice-chairperson
Sen. Marci Francisco
Sen. Tom Holland
Sen. Dinah Sykes
Sen. Caryn Tyson
Rep. Blake Carpenter, Chairperson
Rep. Pam Curtis
Rep. Keith Esau
Rep. Kyle Hoffman
Rep. Brandon Whipple
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Gary Deeter, Committee Assistant
Review, Monitor, and Report on Technology Plans and Expenditures
- Review and monitor state agency and institution technology plans and expenditures;
- Make recommendations to the Senate Committee on Ways and Means and House Committee on Appropriations on implementation plans, budget estimates, and three-year strategic information technology plans of state agencies and institutions;
- Evaluate the status of the Kansas Eligibility Enforcement System (KEES) project;
- Evaluate the status of cybersecurity preparedness within the State;
- Follow up with the Department of Commerce on activity related to the data breach that occurred in March 2017;
- Allow members of the private sector to present relevant information to the Joint
- Review IT security reports and IT project reports in Executive Session from the Legislative Division of Post Audit.
Approved Meeting Days: 3 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2017 Interim Information
Approved Topics Memo
Approved Days Listing
Interim Committee Membership
Committee Reports to the 2018 Legislature
Committee Reports to the 2018 Legislature-Supplement