KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2014 JOINT COMMITTEE ON
Agenda Minutes Report
Sen. Mike Petersen, Chairperson
Sen. Marci Francisco
Sen. Tom Holland
Sen. Garrett Love
Sen. Jeff Melcher
Rep. Keith Esau, Vice-chairperson
Rep. Steven Johnson
Rep. Kevin Jones
Rep. Harold Lane
Rep. Brandon Whipple
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Legislative Chief Information Technology Officer
Gary Deeter, Committee Assistant
Review, Monitor, and Report on Technology Plans and Expenditures
- Study computers, telecommunications, and other information technologies used by state agencies and institutions;
- Review proposed new acquisitions, including implementation plans, project
budget estimates, and three-year strategic information technology plans of state
agencies and institutions;
- Monitor newly implemented technologies of state agencies and institutions;
- Make recommendations to the Senate Committee on Ways and Means and
House Committee on Appropriations on implementation plans, budget estimates,
and three-year plans of state agencies and institutions; and
- Report to the Legislative Coordinating Council (LCC) and make special reports to other legislative committees as deemed appropriate.
Approved Meeting Days: 4 days
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2014 Interim Information