KLRD staff members coordinate and help plan interim committee meetings and certain commissions and task forces that meet throughout the year.
During the regular legislative session, standing committees are coordinated and planned by committee assistants, who should be contacted through the office of the standing committee's chairperson.
Standing Committees are established by statute or by House or Senate Leadership that meet during the regular legislative session.
Interim Committees are either established by statute and meet outside the regular legislative session (e.g. joint committees, oversight committees, commissions, and task forces) or are created by Legislative Coordinating Council to review specified topics and legislation during the Interim.
2017 JOINT COMMITTEE ON
PENSIONS, INVESTMENTS AND BENEFITS (Joint KPERS)
Agenda Minutes Report
Sen. Jeff Longbine, Vice-chairperson
Sen. Larry Alley
Sen. Laura Kelly
Sen. Ty Masterson
Sen. Lynn Rogers
Rep. Steven Johnson, Chairperson
Rep. John Barker
Rep. Dan Hawkins
Rep. Broderick Henderson
Rep. Jim Kelly
Rep. Annie Kuether
Rep. Richard Proehl
Rep. Tom Sawyer
Kansas Legislative Research Dept.
Office of Revisor of Statutes
Lea Gerard, Committee Assistant
Monitor, Review and Make Recommendations Regarding the Retirement System
The Committee is to consider the following:
- Legislation enacted during the 2017 Legislative Session affecting the Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS or Retirement System), particularly House Sub. for SB 21, which provides new working-after-retirement provisions;
- Performance of the pension obligation bonds issued in 2004 ($500 million) and 2015 ($1.0 billion);
- The overall funding ratio for the Retirement System;
- Various reports statutorily required to be submitted by KPERS to the Joint Committee; and
- To fulfill the Joint Committee’s duties and responsibilities, as provided by KSA 46-2201, to monitor, review, and make recommendations regarding the Retirement System.
Approved Meeting Days: 1 day
Statutory Joint Committees
Other Task Forces, Commissions, Committees
2017 Interim Information
Approved Topics Memo
Approved Days Listing
Interim Committee Membership
Committee Reports to the 2018 Legislature
Committee Reports to the 2018 Legislature-Supplement